This global provider of computing and imaging solutions was managing a huge number of documents and users with a traditional print and inventory model. KP helped move them to a “constant supply” inventory model which reduced inventory and obsolescence while reducing cost.
Work Smarter SolutionConstant Supply, KP’s strategic inventory management program can determine the appropriate quantities to print, the quantities to have on hand, the specific manufacturing techniques to use – traditional offset, digital or laser printing – and how to distribute items most efficiently.
The client achieved their objectives of reducing the amount of inventory but they simultaneously improved their ability to update materials. By maintaining lower inventory levels, they could make changes without having to throw away as many brochures.
- Reduced inventories by 24%
- Cost avoidance totaled 37% of print spend
- Collateral scrap due to obsolescence was cut by 27%
- Inventory replenishment time was reduced from 2-3 weeks to 2-5 days
- On-time shipments earn a 99% effectiveness rating